When looking into apps for English Language Learning, there was one app that everyone seemed to recommend–duolingo! duolingo is a game-based app that is used to teach people a language. To be honest, I love duolingo so I am a little biased.

I started using duolingo to learn french this year and it is extremely addicting. The app allows learners to choose any language that they wish to learn and pick how much time a day they want to set aside to use duolingo daily.

In this photo, you can see three of the features of duolingo. The first section is deciding how much time a day you plan to learn the language. The second is building a sentence and translating it from English to Japanese. The third is to identify words in Japanese writing. duolingo keeps people motivated by constantly notifying users that they have not done their ten minutes of studying that day. duolingo also keeps people motivated by having day streaks.

This photo shows how duolingo motivates you to keep up streaks. You can also add friends and compete with the amount of experience you have and who has the longest

As duolingo evolves and becomes more popular they are also adding new additions to the app. They are also constantly adding new languages! One new addition is duolingo Stories.

duoling stories allows users to practice the language they are learning through interactive and engaging stories.

Overall, I think duolingo would be a great app for students who are English Langauge Learners to learn English. Because the app has addictive and entertaining elements, it motivates learners to keep learning. Personally, I think duolingo is one of the best language apps that I have researched. However, all of these addictive and entertaining elements can also be seen as negative.