For my first project in Free Inquiry, I decided to make Banana Bread because I had a lot of old Bananas. Advice that I was given was that when you first start baking you should use recipes that have been tested and work before you search online or in books for recipes. That way you will develop some tips and tricks to spot recipes that may actually be horrible. Therefore, I decided to ask my girlfriends Mom for her recipe because my girlfriend claimed it was the best

When given the recipe, there were some things that I had no idea about. The first was what Shortening was. When I googled it, it said shortening was “any fat that is a solid at room temperature and used to make crumbly pastry and other food products”. However, my girlfriend’s Mom explained that most recipes that call for Shortening usually mean a “Crisco” brand that is all vegetable-based. It is very similar to margarine.

The first thing I had to do was to go to the store and collect all my ingredients!

Once I got all the ingredients together, I combined all my dry ingredients.

.

Then I lightly beat some eggs. Although I really wanted to use my electric mixer, I was told that you should mix Banana Bread by hand because you do not want to over mix your Banana Bread.

Next, I mashed the Bananas!

Then you put it all together! But, I decided to add chocolate chips!

The baking process took really long!

I was nervous but I realized it was because I tripled the ingredients to make sure I had enough for the class! In total it took about an hour and a half to cook!

Overall, I was really happy with the final product. The class also seemed to really enjoy the food as well. Baking is really enjoyable because food can bring so much joy to multiple people. Sometimes a tasty snack can really make peoples day! One thing I would change is I would make three different batches if I were to make this much Banana Bread again. Because I tripled the ingredients it was very hard to mix and I think the ingredients and final product would have been better if I mixed each batch separately! I am excited for my next product!